When interviewers start questions with
*Tell us about a time when you...
*Give us an example of a situation where you...
*Describe a situation in which...
They're trying to find out:
* How you react in a given situation
* What thought processes you go through
* How you reach decisions
* What action you take
* How you monitor your results
To probe further, they'll ask "why"?
Bae prepared for further questions from the interviewer, in response to the answer you give, such as:
* How did you reach that decision?
* Would you do anything different next time?
* Did your actions work?